Friday, October 8, 2021

31 Days of "Spooky" Music Day 8: Night on Bald Mountain

      We're one week into the month now, so I thought I would circle back around to classical music again, and whether you are a classical fan or not, you know Mussorgsky's famous piece.


     If you watch me on YouTube (Void of Intelligence), you will likely have seen me mention that I like the character Chernabog from Disney's "Fantasia", and of course Chernabog is featured in the segment "Night on Bald Mountain". The music is loud, intense, and epic all on its own, but if you couple it with the imagery from its "Fantasia" sequence and you get something potentially terrifying, especially for younger viewers who just want to see Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey.




Just for giggles, here is a chiptune version perfect for a boss fight against an 8-bit Chernabog:


No comments: