Thursday, October 7, 2021

31 Days of "Spooky" Music Day 7: The Phantom of the Opera

      I will be the first to admit that I am not a big fan of musicals, "Little Shop of Horrors" is about the beginning and the end for me, but "The Phantom of the Opera" is a classic of literature, cinema, and musical theater, and it is one of the few musicals I have seen in person (even fewer if you discount high schools productions).


     Most of the music in the show does not really speak to me too much, but "The Phantom of the Opera" is creepy, tense, and has a great beat.


     Gotta love that organ in there as well


Here is a cover montage by the always fantastic Lindsay Stirling:



Here is a fantastic techno version that has been on my Halloween playlist for well over a decade.


No comments: