Friday, October 1, 2021

31 Days of "Spooky" Music Day 1: Danse Macabre

      I haven't written much of anything all year, and since it looks like I will not be able to find something like Funko's 13 Day Spooky Countdown calendar to do videos on, I thought I would blog something every day.


     But what to do? I figured music would be a fun way to enjoy the season, so my plan is to do a post every day this month with something that would go well on a Halloween playlist, and we will start today with Danse Macabre.


    No, I don't mean the old book by Stephen King (which you are probably too young to know about anyway), but the musical piece (apparantly a "tone poem") by Camille Saint-Saens. I have always thought this was a particularly beautiful and haunting piece of music.


Here is a version of it as performed by l'Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France:



If you want something a little more modern, check out this remix by Turtlejam:
>

No comments: