Wednesday, October 20, 2021

31 Days of "Spooky" Music Day 20: Ghostbusters

      You had to know that this song would show up in here somewhere, right? Not only is "Ghostbusters" an integral part of my youth (I still have my original Stay Puft Marshmallow Man figure, although he is a bit mucky after all these years), but the song was a certified hit, reaching the top spot on the Billboard Top 100, and being nominated for an Oscar.

     I will admit that I do fear they will ruin it somehow in Afterlife, like they did with that truly awful Fall Out Boy version they did for "Ghostbusters: Answer the Call" a few years ago, although to be fair: the only redeeming things about that film were that the "LEGO: Dimensions" story pack for it was quite fun and the LEGO kit based on that version of Ecto-1 is really well designed (it is currently in my Halloween display).


     Here is the classic, catchy, sing-a-longable original song with its very 80's video:


     You have to love all that neon and those celebrity cameos.

    Here is an extended promotional video of the version used for the classic "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon series:



     I'm going to be honest here: I think the animation holds up a lot better than a lot of animation from that period, especially for a DIC

     Here is the Run DMC version from "Ghostbusters II", which may not be as classic as the original, is still a fun effort,



    Especially when compared to this version. I do not encourage you to listen to/watch this, but it's here for if you want it:



     To make it up to you for linking to the Fall Out Boy version, here is the "Epic Version" from L'Orchestra Cinematique:





No comments: