Monday, October 11, 2021

31 Days of "Spooky" Music Day 11: This Is Halloween

      Is "The Nightmare Before Christmas" a Halloween movie? Is it a Christmas movie? It seems like an appropriate watch anytime between October and the end of the year, I guess that is why Disneyland re-themes The Haunted Mansion to it for a full quarter of the year.


     The film is full of classic songs (I guess that makes it another musical I do like), but I would say that none is better for a Halloween soundtrack than this one. It's creepy, catchy, and really one of the few songs that have appeared, or will appear, on this list that is really, truly a Halloween song.



As proof of it's iconic status, we of course have covers, like this (for my money anyway) overrated Marilyn Manson version:


Or this (again, just my opinion) MUCH better cover by Panic At The Disco:



Or we can class it up with this cover by Vitamin String Quartet:



And of course I have to throw in a dubstep version:





No comments: