Wednesday, October 6, 2021

31 Days of "Spooky" Music Day 6: Zombie Me

      Back when I was writing my old Blognovel, "Mallville: A Journal of the Zombie Apocalypse", I listened to a lot of Pandora, and one day music from a group called No More Kings started popping up periodically. Their music was both catchy and incredibly geeky, referencing things like "Knight Rider", "The Karate Kid", and "Short Circuit". Not only did this all hit me right in the childhood, but one song in particular really resonated with me, I am sure largely because I was working on a zombie story at the time, and that song was called "Zombie Me".


    "Zombie Me" is told from the point of view of a zombie, is full of pop culture references, and is just generally a good song. I went right out to my local music store (R.I.P. Dimple Records) and bought the album it came on: "And The Flying Boombox".


     Here is the original song:


And here, from their third (and so far, final) album, "III" is the Zombie Me Apocamix






No comments: