Friday, March 4, 2011

Early Morning Amusement:: Michael (Jump In)



It's Friday, and I managed to not oversleep by two hours today, so that seems like a good reason for an Early Morning Amusement.

I originally discovered "No More Kings" while I was working on the first draft of "Mallville - A Journal of the Zombie Apocalypse". I was listening to Pandora and a fairly catchy tune came on. A short ways into the song I realized it was about zombies; it was "Zombie Me" by "No More Kings". As I continued to listen, more of their songs played andd I ended up going out and buying the album.

If you are unfamiliar with "No More Kings", their albums are basically my childhood set to music. The songs are cheerful, upbeat, and frequently more than a little silly, and I find it to be very uplifting. They have songs about "Peanuts", "Short Circuit", "Gulliver's Travels", "The Karate Kid", and of course the subject of this song, "Knight Rider"

You may be wondering why I am highlighting the video for "Michael (Jump In)" when it was "Zombie Me" that first got my attention, and even became a bit of an un-official theme for "Mallville" (I'd be happy for it to be the official theme if I could get permission). Well, there's not a video for that song, but this one is a lot of fun too, and it's a great way to start off the day.

If you like this video, I suggest going to their website and checking out more of their music, and buying their albums.

No comments: